Beginning of the year, I raised myself a goal – 1 million views by the end of 2023 on social media. 50% of that on LinkedIn and 50% of that on other platforms.
January has ended, and it’s time to reflect on how my plan compares to actuals.
On LinkedIn – I was in line with the plan, slightly exceeded by 13%. But on other media, specifically Reddid – it exploded, I have reached almost 300 000 views instead of the planned 40 000. Seems, people are interested in popular statistics.
What was the most popular content?
- Illegal content analysis on Torrent websites. Reddit 62k views.
- Supermarket comparison LinkedIn 8.4k views. Reddit 50k views.
- Exports to Russia grew compared to the last year. LinkedIn 6.3k views
- How to create a real estate price heatmap. LinkedIn 5k views
- Largest employers in Lithuania. Reddit 35k views. LinkedIn 4.4k views.
- Highest salaries in the market. Reddit 36k views. LinkedIn 3.7k views.
The main objective is to establish a brand on LinkedIn, and this was in line with the target. To my surprise, I gained significant popularity on Reddit, where each post on average receives 8 times more views than on LinkedIn. The behavior of the social networks is different; on Reddit, most views are instant and stop accumulating after 24 hours, while on LinkedIn, views continue to accumulate even a week after the post is published.
On LinkedIn, I have acquired new followers, with approximately 70 in January, compared to only 2 on Reddit where few people follow others.
I have attempted to use TikTok and Youtube Shorts but was not successful and have not continued using them. I am also posting on Twitter, but so far, I have only received 45 views and one follower in a month.
Let’s see what February will bring 🙂